Terms of Reference
IMBeR Scientific Steering Committee
Agreed by SCOR and Future Earth, 2017
- To develop the IMBeR Science Plan and Implementation Strategy, in accordance with guidance from the sponsoring organisations SCOR and Future Earth.
- To oversee the development and implementation of IMBeR in accordance with its Science Plan and Implementation Strategy.
- To demonstrate progress and achievements of IMBeR through the definition and monitoring of results and outputs of existing regional (ICED, SIBER, CLIOTOP, ESSAS) and national programmes, working groups and task teams.
- To encourage publication of IMBeR-related activities with appropriate acknowledgement of IMBeR, SCOR and Future Earth.
- To provide input from IMBeR and its related activities to the international scientific and policy arena.
- To engage the general public and marine stakeholders in IMBeR activities.
- To actively seek funds for IMBeR-related activities from national, regional and international funding agencies.
- To collaborate, as appropriate, with other projects sponsored by SCOR and Future Earth, and other related programmes and organisations such as ICES, PICES, WCRP, IOC-UNESCO and GOOS.
- To establish appropriate data management policies to ensure access to, sharing of, and preservation of IMBeR-relevant data, taking into account the policies of the sponsors.
- To facilitate capacity building and career development of early career scientists in topics of relevance to the IMBeR Science Plan and Implementation Strategy.
- To report regularly to SCOR and Future Earth on the state of planning and the accomplishments of IMBeR.
The IMBeR SSC, its subsidiary task teams, working groups, regional programmes and International and Regional Project Offices (IPO, RPO) shall operate in accordance with the operating procedures for SCOR and Future Earth Global Research Projects.