We are seeking an Administrative Assistant for the IMBeR Regional Project Office in Shanghai, China
The Integrated Marine Biosphere Research (IMBeR) project is an international research initiative focused on integrated marine research towards sustainable oceans at a time of global change, for the benefit of society. IMBeR and the East China Normal University (ECNU) jointly established a regional office, the IMBeR Regional Project Office (IMBeR RPO), to promote IMBeR in the Asia-Pacific region and support the implementation of the IMBeR Science Plan. IMBeR and ECNU are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, organised, Administrative Assistant to work at the IMBeR RPO located at ECNU, Shanghai, China.
- General office administration, including office supplies procurement, travel arrangements and financial reimbursements
- Assisting the Deputy Executive Officer of the RPO with the organisation and coordination of international conferences and meetings, including meeting promotion, logistical arrangements, preparing meeting documents, and report preparation
- Helping to maintain the IMBeR website, Weibo and WeChat social media sites and the contact database/mailing list
- Maintaining the IMBeR publications database
- Helping with the development of IMBeR communication tools (e.g. posters, presentations, brochures, etc.)
- Helping the RPO to provide logistical and administrative support for the IMBeR International Project Office and Scientific Steering Committee
- At least a Bachelor’s degree, and experience in administration and budget management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal, in both English and Chinese)
- Good computer literacy with a solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Strong organisational and planning skills and attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive, handle simultaneous projects, work independently
- Professionalism and flexibility to work overtime occasionally and to travel if required.
- Experience or interest in marine science and global change
- Previous experience in event planning and coordination
- Experience with editing, layout and formatting of documents
- Familiarity with budget management software
- Knowledge of illustrative and editing software (e.g. Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign).
The position is initially for one year and is available immediately. The salary depends on the relevant skills, knowledge, and experience that the candidate brings to the role. Applicants who will be graduating in the spring of 2019 should be able to obtain the diploma by 1 August 2019.
To apply, please send a cover letter (in English) describing your interests and explaining why you are interested in the position, your CV, and the contact details of two referees to Ms. Fang ZUO
Review of application begins 20 May 2019 and continue until the position is filled.