Terms of Reference
Scientific Steering Committee
Integrated Marine Biogeochemistry and Ecosystem Research (IMBER) Project
Agreed by IGBP and SCOR, April 2004
- To develop the IMBER Science Plan and Implementation Strategy, in accordance with guidance from the sponsoring organisations.
- To oversee the development of IMBER in accordance with its Science Plan and Implementation Strategy.
- To collaborate, as appropriate, with related projects of the sponsors IGBP and SCOR, and other related programmes and organisations (e.g., IHDP, DIVERSITAS, IOC and the Global Ocean Observing System (GOOS), etc.)
- To establish appropriate data management policies to ensure access to, sharing of, and preservation of IMBER data, taking into account the policies of the sponsors.
- To report regularly to SCOR and IGBP on the state of planning and the accomplishments of IMBER.
The IMBER SSC, its subsidiary groups and International Project Office shall operate in accordance with the operating procedures for IGBP Projects and the requirements of the other co-sponsors.