n°46 - December 2011
2nd ICES/PICES/IOC International Symposium (15-19 May 2012, Yeosu, Korea): Registration and abstract submission
Second international symposium on "Effects of Climate Change on the World's Oceans" (co-sponsored by IMBER)
ESSAS and ICED workshop on "Effects of climate change on advective fluxes in high latitude regions" (W4, 14 May 2012)
Early registration and abstract submission deadline: 15 December 2011
Welcome to two new endorsed projects!
- The "Coastal Ocean MIcrobial Plankton and Temperature" (COMITE) project has been endorsed by IMBER. Leader: Xosé Anxelu G. Moran, Centro Oceanografico de Gijon/Xixon, IEO, Spain. More info...
- Also endorsed by IMBER - "Changes in carbon uptake and emissions by oceans in a changing climate" (CARBOCHANGE). Leader: Christoph Heinze, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway. More info...
5th China-Japan-Korea IMBER Symposium and Training Course (22-25 November 2011, Shanghai, China)
The photos from this symposium are available online now. To view these, please, contact IMBER RPO at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ocean deoxygenation and implications for marine biogeochemical cycles and ecosystems
(24-26 Oct. 2011, Toulouse, France): Report available
(Conference sponsored by IMBER)
The conference was a great success, attended by more than 90 scientists from 19 countries. The organizers received extremely positive feedback from the participants (several of them said that it was the best conference they had attended in years!).
Download the report
- 2012 POGO-SCOR fellowships. Deadline for applications: 15 January 2012. More info...
- PAGES OCEAN2k is looking for volunteers to assist in assembling a metadatabase of marine paleodata for the past 2000 years from publicly archived databases. Deadline for applications: January 2012. More info...
- NCCOS/CSCOR's Regional Ecosystem Prediction Program. Funding opportunity n° NOAA-NOS-NCCOS-2012-2003178. Deadline for applications: 30 January 2012. More info...
- The EC funded large integrated research project EURO-BASIN is looking for potential collaborating research teams to study nutrient cycling and microzooplankton grazing during the North Atlantic Spring Bloom. Deadline for applications: 15 December 2011. More info...
- Data request for GLODAPv2. Deadline for applications: mid-February 2012.
The Antarctic Science International Bursary are awards of up to £5000, made annually to support the development of the careers of promising young scientists working in any field of Antarctic science. The purpose of the award is to broaden the scope of an existing research project, especially for postdoctoral studies, through:
- funding extra field or laboratory work;
- purchasing/contributing towards the cost of a key piece of equipment;
- funding international collaboration
- WOC Workshop (12-13 December 2011, Paris, France). More info...
- EuroMarine General Assembly (17-19 January 2012, Bremen, Germany). More info...
- Coastal Carbon Workshop - Eastern North (19-20 January 2012, College W&M, USA). More info...
- Global Conference on Land-Ocean Connections (GLOC) (23-24 January 2012, Manila, The Philippines). More info...
- 3rd intergovernmental Review - GPA - IGR-3 (25-27 January 2012, Manila, The Philippines). More info...