ESSAS 3rd International Open Science Meeting
Moving in, out and across the subarctic and Arctic marine ecosystems: shifting boundaries of water, ice, flora, fauna, people and institutions
ESSAS (Ecosystem Studies of Subarctic and Arctic Seas) will hold its 3rd Open Science Meeting 11-15 June 2017 at the Radisson Blu Hotel in Tromsø, Norway. Registration to attend the Meeting will open soon.
The meeting format includes morning plenary sessions featuring keynote speakers and three parallel sessions in the afternoon with contributed talks. The morning plenary sessions will focus on the topic of the afternoon's theme sessions. The theme sessions include:
- Ecosystem impacts of advection and mixing
- Timing/phenology and match-mismatch: are they critical issues in the Subarctic and Arctic?
- Future Sub-Arctic and Arctic Marine Ecosystems under Climate Change
- Shifting habitats,persistent hot spots,and the distribution of benthos,plankton,fish,seabirds and marine mammals
- Ocean Acidification
- Multiple Stressors
- Science,Policy and Management
- General Open Session
Potential participants are invited to submit titles and abstracts (maximum of 250 words) for oral presentations or posters. All abstracts will be reviewed for merit and relevance. Posters will be displayed throughout the meeting and sufficient provision given for the authors to discuss them with the meeting participants. The day prior to the start of the Open Science Meeting,a small number of workshops are also planned. The topics of these workshops will be determined based upon submitted workshop proposals.
On-line registration, abstract submission, and applications for financial assistance for Early Career Scientists will be available 1 November 2016